In February 2016 I was rated “good” in all areas during my latest Ofsted inspection. The inspector noted my following strengths:
“Good settling-in arrangements help to support children as they move between home and the childminder’s setting.”
“The childminder has good relationships with parents [who] are very complimentary about the service they receive.”
“The childminder is patient and caring and is a good role model for children [...] Her good quality teaching helps children to make good progress and acquire the skills they need to start school.”
“The childminder makes good use of the outdoors to help support children’s learning and to promote their physical skills.”
“The childminder provides a clean, safe and well-organised environment, which is well resourced and thoughtfully laid out [...] Children’s safety is given high priority.”
“The childminder is very organised and ensures that she keeps up to date with changes in general legislation [...] She accesses a wide range of training courses and uses ideas to improve practice.”
You can view the full report on the Ofsted website.
Why choose me to look after your child?
- I am educated to degree level (BA Hons 2:1 in German and Russian from Nottingham University).
- I have over 10 years childcare experience as a stay at home mum to my own 4 children.
- I have a large, spacious setting with excellent indoor and outdoor facilities.
- I focus on offering a home-from-home environment: a calm setting with activities and resources that change daily based on the interests and needs of each child. I purposely try to avoid a nursery feel.
- I will stimulate your child and provide them with a wealth of experiences in my setting, within the local community and in the natural world.
- I provide more outdoor play experiences than the average childminder.
- I prioritise parents as well as children: you will have a real insight into your child’s time with me and will be involved in your child’s learning.
- I can provide excellent references from the families of all the children I have cared for.
- local authority approved childminder training course
- Paediatric First Aid
- Level 1 & 2 Safeguarding (child protection)
- Level 2 Food Safety (food hygiene course)
- Food Provider, registered with South Ribble Environmental Health
- Data Controller, registered with the ICO
- Enhanced CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check
- Public Liability Insurance for my setting
- PACEY member (Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years)
- continuing professional development
- I also follow several early years blogs, which provide me with a wealth of ideas for my setting
“My husband and I would like to say that we think Fay is a fantastic childminder. She is caring, helpful, full of ideas, fun and warm. I would recommend Fay to any parent.” - Feb 2016
“My son demonstrates excitement as soon as we pull onto Fay’s driveway. This is the best reassurance for any parent [...] We are confident that he will continue to flourish in your care and we get to share this journey more than we would in most other local settings.” – Jul 2015
“The care you have provided for our two boys has been fantastic! They have thoroughly enjoyed going to yours each week. The activities you have provided and the constant contact through “WhatsApp” and the Learning Journey has been excellent. We cannot thank you enough for supporting, helping and educating both our sons in their next steps of development.” – Dec 2014
“Our son has been at Pitter Patter for 6 months now and we have been immensely impressed by the care and attention he receives from Fay and her delightful family. Pitter Patter provides the perfect home and family environment in which to nurture any child.”
“Fay provides a wealth of activities outside the setting such as weekly visits to playgroups, parks, nature reserves and soft play centres. Our son is always incredibly happy at dropping off and picking up times and Fay’s regular updates throughout the day via text give us peace of mind that he is happy and safe. To put it simply – for us Pitter Patter offers the perfect setting for our child and we would recommend Fay and her setting without reservation to anybody looking for outstanding childcare.”